Letter from Romi Narov, President, June 14, 2021
Dear Members of The Forest Hills Jewish Center,
By the time Rosh Hashana arrives on September 6, 2021, we will all have experienced more than a full yearly cycle with Covid. Thankfully, we finally seem to have turned a corner and we can see life gradually returning to normal. We believe Rosh Hashana is the perfect time for everyone to come home to our Forest Hills Jewish Center for the high holidays!
The leadership of the shul, including health professionals, has determined a plan guided first and foremost by safety concerns as we understand them today. The plan is optimistic in that we envision continued progress in the efforts to control the spread of Covid, but we will constantly monitor the situation and if needed make adjustments.
High Holiday ticket sales are now open.
· We are requiring every participant over the age of 12 to provide proof of vaccination before we will release their ticket.
· All High Holiday services will be available remotely via a unique Zoom link for those people who are not ready or able to attend the in-person service.
· Specific seat requests cannot be taken. However, anyone preferring to sit in the balcony for the purpose of greater social distancing may request a balcony seat.
· Seats will be assigned with a minimum of one seat separating people in different pods, and with an effort to maximize distancing.
· As of this moment, we are anticipating a maximum occupancy of fifty percent.
· To limit the time we are physically present in the sanctuary, the services, as was the case last year, have been shortened in a halakhically acceptable way.
A seat reservation form is enclosed; please return it before August 13. High Holiday ticket prices are the same price as last year, $230 ($75 for children under 18). We ask Zoom participants to support the service and the shul by purchasing virtual tickets; please indicate “Virtual Seats” on the form if you do not plan to attend in person.
We are excited by the prospect of your coming “home for the holidays.” We truly hope you will join us if you can. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Stay safe and enjoy the summer,
Romi Narov, President